Below is the professional development schedule being offered by Aubrey (your campus IES). There is no need to sign up. All of the classes listed below will be held in D204.
Also, don’t forget about the WebEx PDs that are offered through the system. You will need to log into MyBaker to sign up for the WebExs. Those can be found through the ET&L website under Faculty WebEx PD.
Blackboard basic (for new faculty)
This is a very basic introduction to Blackboard. It covers the Bb minimum requirements and how to use those tools.
- Monday, Jan 12th, 5:30-6:30pm
- Monday, Jan 13th, 4:00-5:00pm
- Tuesday, Jan 20th, 4:30-5:30pm
Classroom technology training in room E202
If you’re new to teaching in the E-wing, this a great opportunity for you to come and learn about the equipment in those rooms, including the Smartboards.
- Wednesday, Jan 28th, 5:30-6:30pm
Clickable rubrics (2 hours)
This class is geared toward instructors who currently use rubrics and want to embed them into Blackboard.
- Tuesday, Jan 20th, 5:30-7:30pm
- Monday, Jan 26th, 5:30-7:30pm
An interactive polling option that instructors can use live (in class). Learn about the program and ideas for how to use it in class.
- Monday, Jan 26th, 4:30-5:30pm
- Wednesday, Feb 4th, 5:30-6:30pm
This covers class setup and class procedures that minimize disruptive student behaviors as well as non-confrontational intervention strategies.
- Wednesday, Feb 4th, 4:30-5:30pm
- Monday, Feb 16th, 5:30-6:30pm
- Tuesday, Feb 17th, 10:00-11:00am
Using videos in our classes
Introduction to Youtube, Google Hangouts, Google Hangouts on Air, and Video Everywhere.
- Monday, Feb 16th, 4:30-5:30pm
- Tuesday, Feb 24th, 5:30-6:30pm
Learn about how to calculate grades in the grade center. This includes creating categories and weighted columns.
- Tuesday, Feb 24th, 4:30-5:30pm
- Monday, Mar 4th, 5:30-6:30pm
Getting organized in Bb
Learn how to create course links and manipulate your course tabs to design an highly organized Bb course.
- Monday, Mar 4th, 4:30-5:30pm
- Monday, Mar 11th, 5:30-6:30pm